hour tries to get unbanned. news at 11

Appeal to have server bans lifted.

hour tries to get unbanned. news at 11

Postby nothour » 2018/06/07 01:11

Steam ID: lmao
List of characters: Stargazer, Editor, Finch, Loner, Panther, Woodsman, Mirrun C. Wallace, Dero, Captain, Writer, Shelly.
Date of ban: i do NOT remember
Ban reason: i was fighting with pirate about guns, then i fought with someone else about guns. then it became about morals and 'intent'. then it became about me not being genuine. somehow, i honestly don't really remember all of it
Ban length: permanent
Banning admin: i argued with some guy over discord about something that wasn't the original argument and he gave me the perma. probably still have logs. i called a lot of people names, and i'm sorry, but hey, stuff happens.
Other players or characters involved: P I R A T E
Explanation: i think I brought to pirate wanting to have an AA-12, at which point him and another of admin called me a retard for wanting it. I said that was fair but that generalizing anyone who wanted an AA-12 as a combat-RP hungry glory hound was sort of autistic

from there things sorta just broke down into HEATED ARGUMENTS WITH NAMECALLING BY BOTH SIDES

mostly just me and pirate, then pirate banned me

there were no IC incidents lmao

anyway i don't really care about any of that anymore

honestly i don't expect to be unbanned i just want another grunjy/grimy/sleazy medium to rp on, if you fellas are still heated that's perfectly A-OKAY, i'll just go look someplace else!!

thanks and godbless

(And the reason I'm not being entirely serious here is that it'd probably be a bad idea to invest a lot of time into a ban appeal only to have it denied in one word without much explanation and that's sorta what I'm expecting to happen.)
nothour

Re: hour tries to get unbanned. news at 11

Postby pirate » 2018/06/07 04:03

I don't do one word denials and I'm not intrinsically opposed to unbanning you but you're going to have to ditch the snarky attitude if you actually want to get unbanned. This isn't really terribly convincing.
pirate
Tsar

Postby Doctress » 2018/06/07 04:09

I'd like to know why we should take you seriously when you can't even take your own appeal as such.

Further, there seems to be no hint of genuine remorse, or desire to learn from the debacle and instead just seeking to shift the blame partially away from yourself. The only responsibility you seem to be accepting here is some name calling, without at all addressing the underlying attitude.
Doctress

Postby rusty » 2018/06/07 04:20

shape up your attitude, the lack of effort is just a guarantee of denial. why apply in the first place if the way you write sends the message that you are half-assing it, and don't really want to be unbanned?
rusty
Cancer man is Lord

Postby nothour » 2018/06/07 05:09

I want to be unbanned, don't get me wrong. But I received so much mudslinging from a conversation about the USAS, like-- actual insults about my intelligence over asking if an automatic shotgun was a bad idea. Then reading stuff like 'you don't like chris and hawg' post, (the people who popularized the whole AA-12 in an exo meme in the first place) that it was pretty enraging.

I mean, I've known pirate long enough to know not to start fights with him because we're both pretty angry and angsty guys.

But it's not a lack of effort, it's testing the waters to see if my reception is well received or not.

I mean, from all I know people still think I was upset about guns. I wasn't, I was just upset at Pirate and co for calling me retarded because I said that classifying people who like the idea of autoshotties as 'non-roleplaying autists' is a little insulting.

That was my whole argument, and I'll stick to it.

Am I sorry that I turned to insults and bickering because I was too stubborn to move on my point? Yeah. Yeah I probably shouldn't have been disgustingly toxic/full indignation about it to the point of rage. But I don't like any status-quo from TnB being pushed on myself, and that's what I felt like was happening.

Also, I don't like saying 'I'm sorry' because saying 'I'm sorry' isn't even remotely attractive for explaining motives or the whys behind something, it doesn't fix anything, it's the laziest fucking way to say you don't intend to go down a certain path again. Which I don't, I just wanna roleplay guys.
nothour

Postby pirate » 2018/06/07 05:41

I don't really care either way. I mean it takes half a second to re-ban you if you go and do something stupid again, it's literally the furthest thing from trouble I can think of. I'm just not convinced that you understand what is at issue here and I'd be willing to bet cash money that it happens again.

Waiting for input from other admins since I issued the ban.
pirate
Tsar

Postby rusty » 2018/06/07 19:39

I think we should give Hour another chance.
rusty
Cancer man is Lord

Postby pirate » 2018/06/07 20:24

Well I went to unban him and he didn't provide a steam id so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pirate
Tsar

Postby nothour » 2018/06/07 21:53

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Hourpower

or

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045354768