ok

Appeal to have server bans lifted.

ok

Postby Матрёшка » 2018/04/10 05:34

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:87274912
List of characters: ok
Date of ban: 4/9/2018
Ban reason: Suiciding to avoid roleplay.
Ban length: 1440 minutes. I know it's short, and even while I know I'm innocent and can just bite the bullet with this one I really don't want to wait till 10pm CST tomorrow to play once again.
Banning admin: pirate
Other players or characters involved: none to list
Explanation: There's a single thing that must be conveyed when explaining this.

At first I was seeking out somebody I had thought dove in a sewer, looking for somebody to one on one with. I hoped for him to just be near the ladder or something, but this wasn't so. I went down, expecting him to simply stop at the bottom room. This wasn't the case either. Not wanting to rp in the town, I just ran around the small sewer system, listening to music and thinking.

I had remembered: "hey, there's a fucking BLOODSUCKER HERE ICLY." I didn't go too far into the tunnel, nor was I being engaged through text. So I just hoofed it back to the ladder.

At the time of me beginning my sprint, pirate apparently activated a bloodsucker soundbite. Engaging me through sound instead of text. Not used to this, and just expected a /it or /pm from a staff member.

I had ran into an issue as I came up to an area I'd need to icly climb. I had my tooltrust taken away for pretty much nothing, so I couldn't physically get up to where I was wanting to go. So, I k bind and respawn.

After respawning, I'm banned instantly.

To give a little TL:DR:

I had been exploring somewhere, bored out of my mind. My gun was raised, so I my entrance was of course taken ic. (I have no issue with this)
As soon as I begin to leave, pirate activates bloodsucker soundbite. At the time I was listening to Future/rap music in general, and could hardly hear the game as it was.

Lying wouldn't take me as far to make this appeal.

I wish for this to be handled, please.

Матрёшка

Re: ok

Postby pirate » 2018/04/10 19:51

I issued the ban so I'm not going to make a ruling on the appeal but from my perspective here's what happened.

I saw you running around in the underground, which recently has been at the core of a number of events around the bloodsucker nest there. Since you've been on at least one of those events I used a bloodsucker roar (via the bloodsucker SWEP) to remind you.

When I played that sound, you did a beautiful hemi-pirouette and sprinted down the hallway back the way you came. When you started slowing, I used an attack sound (the grunt) to spur you on, at which point you picked up the pace again.

You went up the ladder, realized you had no way up, and simply suicided to get back to town.

That's what I saw and I issued the ban based on that.
pirate
Tsar

Postby blazer » 2018/04/10 20:35

based on the assumption that bloodsuckers can't climb ladders, I would assume that the character wouldn't have been in danger (from a bloodsucker claw to the back, anyhow) at that time, so I see no reason why they should have been banned for suiciding without at least being confronted first.
blazer

Postby pirate » 2018/04/10 20:56

The bloodsucker nest is located in an area where the only way of ingress or egress is via ladder so I don't think the assumption that bloodsuckers are inexplicably incapable of climbing ladders is going to take us very far as far as a defense goes.
pirate
Tsar

Postby blazer » 2018/04/10 21:22

you still should have confronted him about it instead of banning him without warning
blazer

Postby Матрёшка » 2018/04/10 21:34

Just to reply to the guy saying that bloodsuckers can't climb ladders, it's more the problem that from then it seemed like I was doing a W+SHIFT to avoid getting nlred. I didn't really RP climbing up the ladder in haste, but in my defense I didn't know I was being engaged or even reminded.

I happened to just hoof it back just as you played the SWEP. I didn't hear the SWEP over my music, as I already said.

From where the floorboards were, it could have been possible to rp jumping as far as my character could jump with her IO7 on, and grip the boards. It'd take some work and would hurt after the fact, but she'd get out. I couldn't/didn't want to do this because I'd have to do a /a (which really i didn't want to because it's just embarrassing to do a /a) So I thought "I'll just lift myself up with a prop to just physically get up there." But I had remembered I got my tool trust nabbed, so I just k binded in frustration.

repeating myself a little bit there, but I stick by it.
Матрёшка

Postby Pilotfish » 2018/04/10 22:15

Yeah, no you should've used /a to say "I'm going to RP climbing up" or "Can I get my tooltrust so I can climb up?" It's not embarrassing. It's what /a is for.

Being out alone is a dangerous situation. Accepting that and RPing according to it is important. Suiciding to get out of the situation is pretty bad. I'm a soft touch when it comes to application of bans, so the fact that you weren't warned or spoken to doesn't sit well with me, but I think it's pretty difficult to argue that you didn't actively avoid having to RP your character being in a rough situation.
Pilotfish

Postby Матрёшка » 2018/04/10 23:41

Pilotfish wrote:Yeah, no you should've used /a to say "I'm going to RP climbing up" or "Can I get my tooltrust so I can climb up?" It's not embarrassing. It's what /a is for.

Being out alone is a dangerous situation. Accepting that and RPing according to it is important. Suiciding to get out of the situation is pretty bad. I'm a soft touch when it comes to application of bans, so the fact that you weren't warned or spoken to doesn't sit well with me, but I think it's pretty difficult to argue that you didn't actively avoid having to RP your character being in a rough situation.

it's embarrassing to me, but I get what you're saying.

I did make a mistake when it came to not doing a /a, but it's just a principle i'm used to. If no admin's next to me, I'll just try to do something myself. flagging an admin down for something just feels a bit weird, and I've pushed through with doing it maybe once but that doesn't exactly mean I find it comfortable.
Матрёшка

Postby Owain6521 » 2018/04/11 00:24

I'm with Pilotfish on the fact you should have called in for an admin given the situation. While it might feel like you're being a nuisance, we'd rather you actually deal with us if you need something, rather than it going unsaid and us having to figure it out like this.

I will say as well, if you're out and about outside of town that's basically a full RP zone where you should be keeping an ear out for cues or trying to properly do your actions even if nobody's around. That being because half the time, there is an admin or GM hovering around observing, or preparing to do an action, so it's a fair bet somebody'll notice and do something.
Owain6521

Postby Матрёшка » 2018/04/11 00:35

I'm not arguing against the fact that where I was, was taken ic. It's logical.
Матрёшка

Return to Ban Appeals